The following are the expectations of students during class time
- Do not leave the room without permission of instructor
- Go to the bathroom before or after class (or when changing shoes)
- No whining
- Mirrors are for looking at position during class, not for touching or primping
- No hanging on ballet bars
- No gum
- No jewelry (excludes recently pierced studs which can’t be taken out)
- No running
- No tumbling (cartwheels, handstands, etc.) except on the mats
- Keeps hands to yourself, unless holding hands or otherwise instructed
- Tap shoes are not for stomping and must be quiet when instructor is talking
- Hair is to be up and/or out of the face, to avoid getting in the way of the student seeing, especially when spotting during turns.
- No jewelry (exception of wedding rings and in cases where ear studs cannot come out due to healing). This is for safety, as well as practice for the recital where no jewelry is worn.
- No jeans, baggy clothing, or anything that will constrict movement or could be tripped on during dance. The instructor must be able to see and correct form, and the dancer must be able to move well.
All dancers need their own shoes. Borrowing from time to time is okay, in case of forgetting shoes or other circumstances.
Ballet and Tap Class
- Pink ballet shoes for girls
- Black ballet shoes for boys
- Black tap shoes for both are recommended, as this is what the recital will require.
Jazz and Hip Hop Class
- Black soft or hard soled jazz shoes.
- For hip hop, CLEAN sneakers or jazz shoes. Please make sure not to track rocks and dirt into the class studio.
- Footundeez are the recommended shoe.
- Ballet shoes are also acceptable if you don’t plan on being in the Spring recital or wish to postpone purchasing a pair of Footundeez.